Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Misty
Neuling
Neuling

Kabel für Braun PS 500

#1 Beitrag von Misty » 09.08.2016, 15:20

Hallo, Ich bin Engländerin und meinen deutsch ist nicht so gut - es tut mir leid.

Ich habe einen Braun PS 500 von ebay.de gekauft, aber das Audio Kabel funkiontiert nicht! Ich habe eine Probe gemacht. Ich habe anderen Verstärker, andere Lautspreche und anderes Kabel und immer eins Sprecher NUR funktioniert. Es ist 100% - die Problem ist das Kabel aus den Plattenspieler.

Muss ich zur eine Hifi Geschäft für repariert gehen, oder?

Antworten in englsiche ist besser für mich aber werde ich Dankbar für Alle sein.

Danke.

Paparierer

Re: Kabel für Braun PS 500

#2 Beitrag von Paparierer » 09.08.2016, 15:33

Hello Misty, and welcome to the BRAUN forum!
Don't worry about speaking English, a lot of members will understand you.
There are two threads about "dead" channels with the PS500:
http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopi ... nalausfall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopi ... nalausfall" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You may have a look at the contacts right at the head shell (where the needle is) - they may be oxidized.
And you may try to figure out which channel is "dead", left or right.

Yours, Gereon
Henry David Thoreau

Misty
Neuling
Neuling

#3 Beitrag von Misty » 09.08.2016, 16:58

Vielen Dank, Gereon,
I will try to work out what the exact problem is, but feel rather unqualified to attempt this!

A 'Hifi' friend from England wrote this:

"The lead from the turntable has a DIN connector on it - probably the male end. The conversion cable (with the black wires) has the equivalent (female?) connector at one end and two standard phono plugs at the amp end.

It's possible the conversion lead is the one with the problem. Try separating the DIN plugs and re-connecting them. Then plug it all together and just jiggle the wiring at each connector to see if the signal comes back. That should tell you where the problem is.

It is possible there's a problem with the lead from the turntable but less likely. If there is it's probably in the back of the DIN plug.

The other possible problem is the leads from the back of the cartridge. One of them may need pushing on its pin - carefully."

Thank you, again.
Misty.

Paparierer

#4 Beitrag von Paparierer » 09.08.2016, 19:09

Hello again.
Do you still have the original signal plug (DIN connector) on the PS500?
It should look like the one on the left in the first photo:
http://www.hobby-bastelecke.de/stecker/din.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And do you have an adapter with it like the one on the third photo?
Then your friend may be right.
If you are not familiar with the use of a continuity tester or multimeter you'd better ask a professional for help, maybe your local hifi shop can do that if it has a service point / shop as well.
If you live in a city where there is a "repair cafe" monthly you could go there and ask them to check the leads. Or you may ask a friend to come over and do it - you wouldn't have to transport the player and risk damage.
Yours, Gereon
Henry David Thoreau

Misty
Neuling
Neuling

#5 Beitrag von Misty » 09.08.2016, 21:59

Hello Gereon,
Thanks, once again.

A new development (I have only had the turntable since yesterday): I played a couple of LPs despite only one speaker functioning properly. When I put on a third LP, the 'silent' speaker suddenly 'sprang into life' and that record played, with no problems, throughout Side A.

When I went to move the arm back onto its cradle, it made a 'dull buzzing / humming' sound as it made contact with the cradle. I lifted it on and off, and it buzzed again when touching the cradle. Then I turned the record over, but the speaker was silent again.

On and off throughout the evening, this has happened.

I am not sure which connectors or adaptors I have, as I am frightened to pull them apart. I THINK it is a DIN. I will include some photos in the next couple of days.

I have pulled the black plastic casing back (furthest from the amplifier / nearest to the Braun) and some silver coloured metal was revealed. I pulled quite strongly against this but it seemed firm - it doesn't feel like it SHOULD be pulled apart, but that is possibly me being too wary! I couldn't see 'male' pins or female 'holes' - some silver coloured metal obscured my view.

I live in Bonn. If there any people who know how I may receive help with this issue, should it not be rectified soon, I should be grateful for any advice.

Many thanks!
Misty.

Paparierer

#6 Beitrag von Paparierer » 10.08.2016, 11:27

Hallo Leute,
kann es sein, dass das Problem an der Stummschaltung und gar nicht am Anschlussstecker/Adapter liegt?
http://www.braun-hifi-forum.de/viewtopi ... ax*#p36518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kennt sich jemand von Euch aus mit dem Dreher, wohnt in der Nähe von Bonn und könnte und möchte vor Ort helfen?
Dann setzt Euch doch mit Misty per PN in Verbindung.
Gruß, Gereon

Hi folks,
is there anybody among you who knows this player inside out, lives near Bonn and would help on the spot?
Please contact Misty per PN.
Gereon
Henry David Thoreau

Misty
Neuling
Neuling

#7 Beitrag von Misty » 10.08.2016, 19:13

Ich bin weg vom 17. August bis September, aber werde ich zurückkommen ...

Vielen Dank, Gereon.

Antworten