Which FM aerial (antenne) for CE 1020, TS 501 and RS1?

Reine Empfänger-Bausteine außerhalb atelier/slim line
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

Which FM aerial (antenne) for CE 1020, TS 501 and RS1?

#1 Beitrag von Harmony » 05.02.2010, 20:35

Hallo forum,

At the moment I want to connect my tuners to my Braun audio CSQ 1020 system.

Years ago I used the 'central cable system' for receiving the FM radio signal.
Because I have now internet by means of the 'telephone cable' I stopped with this cable(signal) because is don't wanted pay any longer for it.

My question here is are there good FM aerial (antenne) alternatives for it; it don't want an outside aerial but a home aerial.
Is a FM 'dipolantenne' good enough for the above mentioned Braun tuners?

I have also read about TERK home antennes specially the FM edge made in USA.

http://www.terk.com/#/radio_antennas/ra ... fm_antenna

Can you give any advice? Thanks,

Greetings,

Joop
Braun for your own High-End

Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

#2 Beitrag von Harmony » 10.02.2010, 13:07

I found another antenna:

http://www.magnumdynalab.com/fmantenna-st2.htm

Have anybody some experience with it; the reviews are mostly good of it...
Zuletzt geändert von Harmony am 10.02.2010, 13:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

Antenna connections

#3 Beitrag von Harmony » 26.02.2010, 23:39

In the' instructions for use' of the Braun AM/FM Tuner TS 501 you will found the following about antenna connections:

"If you live in area that is close to the transmitter or well-suited to good reception, you will find a makeshift antenna dipole is all you need.
However, you ought to use a powerful antenna system if you wish to obtain full benefit from you tuner's reception capabilities.

As compared with monaural broadcasts, optimum stereo reception necessitates a ten times more powerful antenna signal.
The best FM results may be achieved with a rotary outdoor antenna which can be controlled from indoors.
Using a FM direction antenna of this kind, you will be able to reach remote FM stations and still produce good stereophonic quality.

An appropriate antenna is needed for good AM reception.

As far as antenna connection is concerned, you can either follow the old standard, using socked 300 ohms balanced for FM and socked antenna ground for MW, or take the new standard and use socked 75 ohms unbalanced.

Reception varies, of course, from place to place and therefore you may consult your lokal dealer.

If you have a community antenna, make sure that the connecting cable matches the antenna system. Appropriate cables of different lengths are available from you local dealer"

More antenna information: http://www.kyes.com/antenna/antennadex.html

derlange
Profi
Profi

#4 Beitrag von derlange » 27.02.2010, 12:35

Hello Harmony,

maybe a quite good an cheap indoor antenna are the simple dipols offered for some Euros which could be easely mounted on a window rim. The only (little) disadvantage is, that they use a 75 Ohm Coax-Plug even though they are symmetrical. So for best reception you should replace the plug for a 300 Ohm balanced plug which are nowadays hard to get.

But a much better reception (signal gain up to round about 16 dB) you can achive by an classical yagi.

Especially for am-reception you should connect the ground plug to your radiator or something like that. Best solution for indoor use is the ferrite antenna like that one used in the CE 1020.

Yours
DerLange

Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

#5 Beitrag von Harmony » 28.02.2010, 01:12

`
Thank you for advice derlange!

I do use now the simple FM dipole antenna with an old 3 pin IEC plug which I can plug in the 300 Ohm socked.

I few weeks ago I bought the Braun synthesizer Tuner TS 501 for a little bit of money in combination with the Braun A 301 amp.
This tuner sounds great with only the FM dipole; mostly three leds of the leds display signal are burning. :) Classical music sounds very natural and excellent with broadcastings. Pop music broadcasting sound is mostly terribly :? But that is the problem of music compression...
Braun is still a very strong brandmark for tuners and receivers :D
I do also have the CE 1020 and this also a beauty in sound performance!

Greetings,

Joop

derlange
Profi
Profi

#6 Beitrag von derlange » 01.03.2010, 09:03

Hello Harmony,

I use the CE 1020 in my living room and a RA 1 in my bedroom (the analog brother of the RS 1 and TS 501). The reception quality of the CE 1020 is definitely better. The TS/RS and RA/T use a stereo decoder which was designed for use in car radio; the automatic blending from mono to stereo is nice for a moving receiver, but the sound quality is not so perfect as that one of CEV 510/520 and CE/CES 1020.

Yours
DerLange

Antworten