Braun 'Headphone' Amps

Austausch über das leider längst tote Vierkanal-HiFi, an welchem auch Braun auf dem Markt beteiligt war.
Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

Braun 'Headphone' Amps

#1 Beitrag von Harmony » 01.01.2010, 23:47

For many years I do use the Braun CSQ 1020 as a headphone amp with the Sennheiser HD 600 and HD 650!
In many test of these Sennheiser headphones it is said that they need a very good headphone amp with a high (300 ohm) impedance.

Firm Sennheiser often advices a Lehmann headphone amp for it (€800).

Some time ago I listened to this headphone amp with my Sennheiser HD 600 and could not hear a big difference in musical performance in contrast with my Braun CSQ 1020... :D
The older Braun amps. have all an impedance of 200...400 ohm and have no any problem with the above mentioned Sennheiser!

The headphone amp quality of this Braun is magnificent... :D

My opinion is that the Braun can fully replace the Lehmann headamp for a little bit of your money.
I have the same positive experience with the Braun Regie 550D headamp...

The use of the level (pegel) is also a big advance over the most headphone amps which don't have this feature!

My question is: are there Braun users in this forum with the same positive opinion about the Braun headphone amps?

Greetings,

Joop
Braun for your own High-End

Norbert
Obermaschinist
Obermaschinist

Re: Braun 'Headphone' Amps

#2 Beitrag von Norbert » 04.01.2010, 22:21

Harmony hat geschrieben:I have the same positive experience with the Braun Regie 550D headamp...
Hello Joop,

in my opinion the regie 550d (and the 550) has no separate headphone amplifiers. There are resistor networks after the power stages to fit for high impedance headphones. Same thing for instance in the older models regie 510/520 - I see it in my service manual here.

It's a simple thing and it sounds good as you can hear :)

My English... sorry :oops:

Greetings, Norbert
Wenn es nach dem Löten kracht, hast du etwas falsch gemacht.
Nostalgie Funk - le groove de légende

Harmony
Foren-As
Foren-As

#3 Beitrag von Harmony » 05.01.2010, 00:04

Norbert hat geschrieben:
Harmony hat geschrieben:I have the same positive experience with the Braun Regie 550D headamp...
Hello Joop,

in my opinion the regie 550d (and the 550) has no separate headphone amplifiers. There are resistor networks after the power stages to fit for high impedance headphones. Same thing for instance in the older models regie 510/520 - I see it in my service manual here.

It's a simple thing and it sounds good as you can hear :)

My English... sorry :oops:

Greetings, Norbert
I think you have right :roll: ; I don't use the Regie 550D since a few years any longer because it is' out of order'. :(
I used a cheaper Sennheiser on it (HD 480) with 32 Ohm inpedance and it sounded relatively good!

The CSQ 1020 has indeed a real 'headphone' amp and drives the HD 650 very easy and you can hear that!

Have you any idea about about the RS1 and the preamp AC 701.
Do they also have a special headphone amp or works it also by means of a 'resistor network'? :?

Greetings,

Joop
Braun for your own High-End

Norbert
Obermaschinist
Obermaschinist

#4 Beitrag von Norbert » 05.01.2010, 23:11

Harmony hat geschrieben:Have you any idea about about the RS1 and the preamp AC 701. Do they also have a special headphone amp or works it also by means of a 'resistor network'? :?
Hello Joop,

sorry, I don't have service manuals here about these two models to take a look in it. Maybe, standalone preamps generally need a headphone amp to drive a headphone, but I'm not sure.

Greetings

Norbert
Wenn es nach dem Löten kracht, hast du etwas falsch gemacht.
Nostalgie Funk - le groove de légende

Antworten